Wednesday, July 13, 2011

not Myself

So...I've decided to start a new little mini-series on Wednesdays on songs about waiting for love.  Not only is this a topic I relate to, but I believe that many other people relate to as well, especially when talking about waiting for Mr. or Mrs. Right.  Every week I'll be featuring a new song with a little bit about why its so awesome!  Let me know if there's a song you want to see up here and I'll be sure to consider it!

First up is one of my all time favorite songs about waiting.  The first few times I heard this song I kind of brushed if off, but when I stopped and really listened to it, I found an amazing message within.

Artist: John Mayer
Song: Not Myself
Lyrics:
Suppose I said
I am on my best behavior
there are times
I lose my worried mind

Would you want me when I'm not myself?
Wait it out while I am someone else?

Suppose I said
Colors change for no good reason
words will go
From poetry to prose

Would you want me when I'm not myself?
Wait it out while I am someone else?

And I, in time, will come around, come around
I always do for you

Suppose I said
You're my saving grace?

My grace
My self
Not myself, my myself and I...
When I'm someone else
When I'm someone else
When I'm someone else
When I'm not myself
Myself
Myself

Love, love, love this song.  I always put it on when I'm having one of those "where-the-heck-is-he?" kind of days.  I love the question "would you want me when I'm not myself?"  I tell a bunch of people about this song for that very question because its so true.  Would I want my future husband NOW just because I want him, or would I rather wait until he is the person God wants him to be in order to meet me?  I'm not saying he's going to some perfect man when I meet him, but hopefully God will have put his head on straight when we do meet.  While I'd love to know where my future husband is now, I also know that God has a plan for both of us.  Perhaps I'm not in a place right now where I'm ready to meet Mr. Right, or perhaps he's not ready to meet me yet, for whatever reason.  So, yes, I'll wait it out while he is someone else because I trust that God will bring him around when it is time.  After all, "and I, in time, will come around, I always do, for you."  The music at that part of the song gets really intense, as though that is the climax.  In time, in time, he/I will come around...for You.  For the love of God, we always come back to striving to be who He made us to be.

I pray my husband is waiting it out while I am someone else.  I'll come around, in time; trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment