Wednesday, July 20, 2011

good love is on the Way

It's Wednesday and that means its time for another song about waiting for love and why this song is so awesome!  Without further ado, its time for another one of my fave's by John Mayer!

Artist: John Mayer
Song: Good Love is on the Way
Lyrics:
I'm a lazy lover
Undercover
Wasting time
Then one day this summer
I changed my number
To cut my line

Good love is on the way
I been lonely but I know, I'll be ok
Good love is on the way

3 years broken hearted
But now her ghost is finally gone
I'm done with broken people
This is me
I'm working on (cause I know)

Good love is on the way
I've been lonely but I know, I'll be ok
Good love is on the way

Good to go for wherever I'm needed
Bags are packed and I'm
Down by the door
You can take all the tricks up my sleeve
I don't need them anymore

Good to go for wherever I'm needed
Bags are packed and I'm
Down by the door
You can take all the tricks up my sleeve
I don't need them anymore

Good love is on the way
I've been lonely, lonely, lonely, yeah
Good love is on the way
I've been lonely but I know I'll be ok
Good love is on the way
Oh, Good love is on the way, hey

Listen to the live version from the "Where The Light Is" live album.  He starts out by basically yelling "Good LOVE", which just makes me happy.  I love the chorus, "I've been lonely but I know I'll be okay, good love is on the way."  How many times do we feel that same emotion?  We feel lonely, but when we place our trust in God and His perfect timing we know we will be okay, because not only is His good love on the way, but He promises us good love from others as well.

For three years he's been broken hearted, but her ghost is finally gone.  I love this verse probably the most out of all the verses in this song.  I know in my life I've felt haunted by the ghosts of past relationships, haunted by what could have been, by what should have been, if only...but the ghosts eventually leave.  I'm done with broken people.  At some point I had to realize that its time to move, to not for a second settle for less than what my heart desires.  I'm done with broken people, this is me I'm working on.  By moving on from the ghosts of the past, I am free to be with God, to work on my relationship with Him, and to better myself and strive to be the holiest person I can be.

I'm good to go where ever I'm needed.  Take time to prepare yourselves to go where ever it is that God calls you, even if its not some place you expected.  Be done with the tricks up your sleeve, be done playing games with love, with others' hearts, with your own heart.  You don't need the games and the tricks anymore, you only need God.

The truth is that Good Love is always on His way, may you be open to encountering Him and falling even more in love with Him.  AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment